Optional assembly for KTY analysis
Temperature-dependent signals, e.g. in electric motors or process flows, are securely and routinely recorded with KTY sensors.
For analysis and further processing in larger devices, KEB provides an integrated analysis logic for the sensor type KTY 84-130 directly in the drive controller.
Effective immediately, an external KTY analysis unit is available for drive controllers with conventional PTC analysis, but also for immediate processing of the KTY signals in a PLC or IPC control unit.
Within a compact enclosure format 85 x 71 x 22.5 mm, the assembly for cap rail installation in protection class IP23 offers the analysis of sensor types KTY 84-130 and KTY 83-110.
The analogue output provides a linear signal proportional to the calculated temperature value in the range of 1V - 9V DC, depending on the limits of the sensors in use.
Regardless of the analogue value, an adjustable threshold value is made available as a digital output for drive controllers with PTC input but also for the use of digital signals in control units.
Handling is very simple:
- The KTY analysis unit can be adjusted and set using two coding switches for sensor type and switching threshold temperature.
- A red LED displays the status of the threshold switch.
- The "Test" switch setting supports the diagnosis of the function.
Distinct connectors form the interface of the analogue and digital signals:
- Input 24V DC for supply voltage
- Input KTY sensor
- Digital output for contacting at the PTC connection of the drive controller
- Analogue output for analogue inputs of the higher-level control unit or drive controller
- Permanent light -> Switch is closed, or temperature is in non-critical value range
- Flashes -> Switch is open, or a temperature range has been exceeded (also includes a hysteresis), but also a display for measurement values outside of the measurement range
The order code for the assembly is 0058040-1100.
Application areas in the KEB portfolio: COMBIVERT F5, enclosure A, B, D and E COMBIVERT G6, enclosure A, B and C.