One machine for 200 - 400 V AC connection
Overall concept for the automation of an Inject Star pickling machine
Injectors allow the smooth pickling of meat, poultry and fish by injecting brines to refine the taste.
The task is to ensure that the needles, driven by a crank mechanism, are injected into the medium at a constant speed and to synchronise the feed to the injectors.
In addition, the number of switch cabinet versions is to be reduced, irrespective of the supply voltage at the customer. 3AC 400V or 3AC 200V.
The overall control of the machine is carried out by a customer HMI with integrated PLC and the necessary I / O's. This control is connected via Modbus with a KEB C6 Compact 2, which activates the KEB Combivert S6 using EtherCat.
The C6 Compact 2 takes over the control of the crankshaft drive, synchronization with the feed, as well as the control of the lake pump. Two KEB geared motors are used as drives for crankshaft drive and feed.
The advantages of this solution are obvious:
- Only one control panel for worldwide use, thanks to the wide voltage range of the S6 Drives from 3AC 200 - 480 Volt
- Thanks to the internal EMC filters with a leakage current of less than 5 mA, the system can also be used in areas where a leakage current <30 mA is required.
- Reduced production costs
- Due to the ASCL technology, it is not necessary to use an encoder at the conveyor
- Due to the integrated EMC filters, there is no additional installation effort for the installation and wiring of the EMC filters
- No transformer for 3AC 230V necessary
- Ready mounted geared Motors
- An automatic parameterization of the drive controllers can be implemented in the control unit, which automatically sets the drive controllers correctly if a replacement is necessary, thus making the backup of data backups by a local technician a thing of the past.