AFE Solutions (Active Front End)
The sinusoidal supply in the form of supply and regeneration of DC-coupled inverter and servo-systems is always required where existing installations with typical B6 consumers have already completely depleted compensation. Large industrial installations, trial or test systems can be designed upfront at the planning stage to provide for optimized network loads.
AFE solutions offer not only minimized network interference of sinusoidal currents but also a stabilized DC intermediate circuit voltage with voltage boost converter, which can also be used in some instances to provide an extended speed range for drive shafts. Integrated power factor correction ensures that on the network side only active currents are generated, reducing the load on the network supply and transformer station. Conventional applications include continuous network supplies in power generation plants.
The Active Front End system forms the basis for solutions for cogeneration systems in cogeneration plants, biogas plants, hydroelectric power stations and small wind turbines.
AFEs of rating up to 100 kVA have been certified in the Italian market for regeneration in the public low voltage network in accordance with CEI 0-21 – a European certification process is in hand.
- Individual or cascaded for maximum efficiency
- Integrated in new installations
- Adapted for retrofit
- Modular with plug-in operating unit (operator) or diagnostics interface
- modular, plug-in fieldbus connection via operator
- EtherNet TCP/IP
- ETHERNET POWERLINK
- Optimized for connection to COMBIVERT Drive Controller
- Optional connection to any alternative drive controller
- Automatic network calibration and identification
- Plug-n Play parameter-setting ex-factory
- Integrated energy counter
- Bridging of power failure
- Output range 1.5 kW to 250 kW
- Individual units or modular system
Contact for Supply Unit
- Catalog COMBIVERT R6 (en)(en, pdf, 2 MB)
- Installation manual F5 AFE(en, pdf, 29.12.2016, 5 MB)
- Installation manual R6-N Housing E(en, pdf, 08.01.2017, 5 MB)
- Programming manual F5 AFE(en, pdf, 29.12.2016, 4 MB)
- Programming manual R6-N 1.3(en, pdf, 08.01.2017, 4 MB)
- EPLAN R6(zip, 26.12.2016, 3 MB)
- CE Declaration of Conformity R6(en, pdf, 12.07.2017, 47 KB)
- Setup COMBIVIS 6(exe, 20.09.2017, 515 MB)
- Setup COMBIVIS studio 6(exe, 20.09.2017, 984 MB)
- Setup COMBIVIS studio HMI 5.0.1183.16(en, exe, 06.06.2017, 709 MB)
- Technical info Power supply and regenerative operation COMBIVERT R6-S(en, pdf, 08.01.2017, 315 KB)
- Technical info Regenerative operation COMBIVERT R6-S (en, pdf, 08.01.2017, 305 KB)