Safety PLC & Safety I/O
Safety functions in innovative industrial installations
These will continue to become increasingly important in the future in order to ensure the highest possible safety standards for man and machine. This means that with new machine generations there will be increasing emphasis on flexible programming of additional safety functions in order to remain competitive in the future-orientated market.
KEB has taken up this challenge and devised an innovative solution with the safety PLC as safety controller and the safety I/O module, which can also be incorporated in an existing EtherCAT structure. Communication is via the existing EtherCAT bus with certified safety protocol FSoE (Fail-Safe-over-EtherCAT). With the safety PLC (FSoE-Master) any number of FSoE-Slaves (e.g. safety I/O module, KEB drive controller with safety module) can be addressed.
The freely programmable safety PLC and the safety I/O module comply with the requirements of safety standards according to IEC 61508 SIL 3 and DIN EN ISO 13849-1 Ple. The safety PLC is programmed with the COMBIVIS studio 6 programming tools, in which certified safety function elements are incorporated. For the user this means reduced design costs and minimized testing and acceptance of the safety application produced.
- Freely-programmable safety PLC (IEC 61508 SIL3 and DIN EN ISO 13849-1 Ple)
- Certified safety function modules
- Development, verification and acceptance costs for a safety application substantially reduced
- Programming using CODESYS Safety via main control and EtherCAT connection
Contact for Control & Automation
- FAQ C6 RIO 0001 QuickstartStepperBLDC (en)(en, pdf, 873 KB)
- FAQ C6 RIO 0002 HomingOnCurrentPosition...(en, pdf, 240 KB)
- Catalog C6 Control and Automation (en)(en, pdf, 12 MB)
- EPLAN C6(zip, 2 MB)