Air Conditioning Compressor
Switching for air-conditioning
Comfort in vehicles is perceived through noise, the actual driving experience with handling and spring behaviour, and performance.
Another aspect in present-day vehicles, from small to large, standard to luxury, is climate.
Air-conditioning does however mean considerable energy input.
Electromagnetic clutches decouple the usual belt drive from the main assembly and enable regulation of compressor usage time to actual cooling requirement.
KEB bi-stable clutches offer an optimized design specially for use on compressors, in which the electric power consumption is zero apart from the brief switching pulse in power transmission state.
This principle is available for different performance stages as a ready-to-install Plug & Play system solution.
KEB delivers these properties in compressor applications:
- Zero energy consumption for power transmission
- Compact design, easy system Integration
- Switchable differential speed up to 9,000 rpm
- Frictional velocities up to 75 m/s
- Acoustic package for minimizing switching noise